Each of us has dreams. We have those visions seen with closed eyes or a wandering mind that we wish were our reality. Yet, changing the current state of the world into that which is defined in our mind’s eye is difficult; it requires hard work, persistent action, intelligence, creativity, and frequently an ample amount of luck. We can, however, meet these requirements more effectively through the use of simple, practical tools. With the right tools, we do not need to be content with wishing our dreams were true; we can cause them to become so.
My company’s mission is to build and disseminate such tools. And, today, we’re unveiling five of them.
These five tools are tightly integrated with Turing’s existing email product, and are packaged together into a single, unified, premium suite of cloud office/productivity software called Turing Productive Cloud. The suite includes two versions, one for salespeople and the other for general purpose use with more to come. I think it’s a game changer for my company and for related markets; that said, let me tell you about the specifics:
- Turing Chat: a powerful, fast chat product combining the core functionality of Google Chat and Slack along with an important differentiator/innovation enabling channels to be made between any Turing users rather than just between people on the same team (which is one of Slack’s major limitations).
- Turing Calendar: a beautiful, fully-functional calendar with an innovative agenda view.
- Turing Tasks: a streamlined task management product that integrates seamlessly throughout the rest of the suite.
- Turing Notes: a lightweight note product to provide an alternative to Evernote and Microsoft’s OneNote that more closely integrates with the rest of your productivity tools.
- Turing Contacts: a clean contact product for managing contact information that can be utilized throughout the suite.
Each of these products has been beautifully designed by Alexis Roizen, and engineered to the highest degree of quality by leveraging everything I learned from my Stanford education in Computer Science and via the tremendous knowledge and skill of our rockstar team. We also couldn’t have built these products without standing on the shoulders of two of Silicon Valley’s all-time-great venture capitalists, Tim Draper and Reid Dennis, who provide critical consistent belief, support, and guidance. Beyond what we have launched today, we have made tens of significant improvements and hundreds of minor refinements to Turing Email since its launch; we will do the same with each of these new products in the coming months.
Finally, please spread the word. While I am pleased with the revenue we have generated so far, this moment is an extremely exciting inflection point because the value our company offers has risen to a whole new level. Our ambition is to build Turing into a great software company with the power to effectively further it’s mission, yet we’ll need the help of others to accomplish this. This is our new suite’s soft launch, and right now we need help in spreading the word-of-mouth message. Please pass on word of our work to those you believe will benefit from it. We’d appreciate it, and, with your help, we’ll continue moving Turing along a trajectory to become the great software company that we aspire to build.
Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer